quinta-feira, 27 de março de 2008

Teatro 1

SCENE I. King Lear's palace.
Enter KENT, GLOUCESTER, and EDMUND


KENT
I thought the king had more affected the Duke of

Albany than Cornwall.
GLOUCESTER
It did always seem so to us: but now, in the

division of the kingdom, it appears not which of
the dukes he values most; for equalities are so
weighed, that curiosity in neither can make choice
of either's moiety.
KENT
Is not this your son, my lord?
GLOUCESTER
His breeding, sir, hath been at my charge: I have

so often blushed to acknowledge him, that now I am
brazed to it.
KENT
I cannot conceive you.
GLOUCESTER
Sir, this young fellow's mother could: whereupon

she grew round-wombed, and had, indeed, sir, a son
for her cradle ere she had a husband for her bed.
Do you smell a fault?
KENT
I cannot wish the fault undone, the issue of it

being so proper.

(...)
King Lear
William Shakespeare

Sem comentários: